Wednesday 1 November 2006

Sunday session

Ended up going for a 43km ride on Sunday on my usual Ridgeway route. I was planning on just taking it easy and enjoying the countryside on this frosty but sunny day. At the top of the hill that leads into Barnet I was passed by another cyclist who was out on his training ride. I caught up to him on the other side of the town heading out to Potter's Bar and fell into a drafting pattern with him without saying anything - we were both listening to our iPods.

Well, this guy soon started picking up the pace and it became increasingly difficult for me to contribute to the pacemaking and I ended up just hanging on to his back wheel. On the steep hill outside of Cuffley he finally pulled away from me and I ended up struggling up the last bit, but a bit glad that I was back to my own pace again. Just before I got to the turnoff to loop back to Potter's Bar I saw this guy had turned around to go back the way we'd come. He waved and I waved back - shweet bro, catch ya laterz.

Rode back home with a nice little tailwind and surprisingly my avg speed was almost 32kph for the 43km - not bad, and I didn't feel tired.

Anyway, so far this week, the commuting has been cool, just damn dark in the evenings - better get new batteries for my blinkies as they're starting to look a bit dim.

No comments: