Saturday 5 January 2008

EF-Brookman's Park-Radlett-EF (60.0km)

The Finchley boys are definitely upping the pace by a few notches! After doing a few long turns at the front I felt pretty tired - the excess of food and drink over the holiday period catching up with me. After the first hill, Trevor and Vince decided to cancel our little social gathering by turning the ride into a hammer fest deluxe!

Gone were the usual two lines - suddenly everyone was at 95% and hanging on to the wheel in front of them - one by one the unfit were dropping off the back. Shouts of "f****ing hell, EASY - so and so is off the back" kept coming forward, but Trev and Vince were having none of it. I don't know how I did it, but I managed to hang on all the way, even on the last flat section along Mays Lane when the pace was at 50kph+. Even Stav managed to stay on and surprisingly attacked everyone when the pace started slacking off. He didn't last long!

Arriving at the coffee shop, I was speechless and coughing badly. A few new years resolutions running through my head.......

View this ride data at Motionbased

No comments: