Saturday 9 February 2008

EF-Colney Heath-Radlett-Whetstone-EF (57.6km)

Finally - back on the group rides!

Big turn out today in the glorious weather - must have been 25-30 riders. The pace was fast from the start, with the leaders making sure that a nice double paceline formed. Although my HR was pretty high I felt OK and contributed to the pace making.

On the first hill in Radlett I didn't feel like blowing, so started it at the front and worked my way back. Half the field was dropped on this climb, so there weren't too many riders to drop in behind and ended up loosing a bit of ground at the top which I made up on the way down.

Surprisingly I managed to stay in touch for the rest of the ride over the nasty little climbs around Shenley and the fast decent on Mays Lane and furious flat area into Whetstone. I was pretty knackered by the coffee stop and was coughing a bit, though overall I felt fine. A good ride, and looking forward to going some longer distance riding tomorrow.

View this ride data at Motionbased

No comments: