Sunday 1 October 2006

Today's ride

I live north of London city centre - about half an hour's bike ride and my weekend rides always take me further north into an area called Hertfordshire where there are quaint little towns like Potter's Bar, St. Albans and Cuffley and nice rolling countryside roads with some forest patches.

Today's route was my usual Saturday morning ride from East Finchley (where I live) along a main road (called a high street in the UK) known at Great North Road - this took me through Whetstone, Barnet and Potter's Bar and then a loop around a country route called the Ridgeway which passes through Cuffley. The loop comes back to Potter's Bar and then I ride back home. total distance is about 50km (30-miles) including a small warm up and cool down loop I do in my neighbourhood.

No comments: