Sunday 22 July 2007

Training: EF-Broxbourne-Hertford-Essendon-EF

Hooked up with Werner at Potter's Bar this morning for a nice little pre-Tour de France watching killer ride! Told him from the start that I wanted to get back home quite early to watch the first Pyreneean stage of the tour. We agreed it would be short but fast.

Working together very nicely for the first 40km or so, our average speed was up to almost 33kph before the big climb of Essendon. Werner started pulling away on the lower slopes while I took it at my own pace and came back to him at the top (though I think he waited for me a bit). The last hill was a full on big dig to the top and I managed to stay right on his wheel to the top.

We split again at Potter's Bar, feeling invigorated and ready to watch a nice mountain stage of the tour!

View this ride data at Motionbased

No comments: