Sunday 29 July 2007

Training: EF-Cromer-Great Munden-Brickendon-EF

2nd ride with the Finchley Racing Team guys, though today it was a longer ride. I hooked up with Werner beforehand and we met the guys at the start in Finchley. The first 60-70km were ridden at a really slow pace - just cruising along with everyone chatting and fooling about. Quite a few punctures due to the wet roads and a couple of natural breaks brought the average speed to below 28kph.

After a shop stop in Great Munden the pace was suddenly upped and Werner and me got involved with pushing the group on the front. Once we hit Hertford the group headed up to Brickendon - nice 3km drag and Werner decided to drop the hammer big time. I held his wheel for as long as I could, but slowly I saw him getting a gap which eventually grew until he disappeared around a few corners. I was well and truly on my limit!

We regrouped at the top and then pushed it again through to Potter's Bar. We split up and a few stopped for coffee at Whetstone. I found out about their Tue and Thu night sessions which I will definitely check out next week. In all a good ride and it's nice to meet and get involved with an active club.

View this ride data at Motionbased

No comments: