Sunday 11 November 2007

Training: EF-Colney Heath-Hatfield-EF

After spending the last 2 days off the bike because of a pinched nerve in my back, I decided to give the Sunday ride a try, even if turning back early was called for. It was pouring with rain from the start and everyone tried to keep the spirits high with joking about. Werner turned off at Potters Bar when it looked like the rain wasn't letting up. A couple of minutes later it did!

I carried on with the group until Colney Heath, but also said my farewells when I heard they were going to the Chilterns - sounded like a bit too much for my sensitive back...it should be OK in a few more days though. I caught a nice tailwind back home through Hatfield and a beautiful draft off a van for a few km's at 50-60kph. I was home and in the bath in no time!

View this ride data at Motionbased

No comments: