Sunday 9 March 2008

EF-St Albans-Shenley-Mays Lane-EF (57.5km)

Almost all the regular riders were absent from todays club ride, though notably present were Costa, Ben, Darren, Patrice and David (recently back from Oz). Decided to risk taking my Battaglin out today as well - risky because I've got slick tyres on and the roads were still wet from last night's rain.

The pace was fairly brisk, with Ben, David, a new saffa (can't remember his name!) and I taking pulls at the front. At St Albans someone had a puncture and it was here that five of us decided to call it a day and swing round Shenley for a shorter ride.

In lieu of distance, Ben decided to put the hurt on and pushed the pace pretty high going up the hills around Shenley, which caused me to loose ground and play catch up on the descents (oh the joys of a heavy steel bike...). I found my legs again on the last hill on Mays Lane and pushed the pace at the front.

Ben and I stopped for coffee after and had a nice chat. A good ride, if a little short.

View this ride data at Motionbased


No comments: