Sunday 2 March 2008

EF-Kentish Lane-Woodside-EF (43.0km)

Decided to skip the group ride today in favour of a little solo 'me-time' ride on the Battaglin. I put the Garmin in my back pocket, so had no way of telling what my HR was doing - I'd worry about that after the ride...

It was a blustery morning, but it felt warm, so decided on leaving the leg warmers off for the first time since October last year - it was a wonderful feeling to have the wind against my legs again. I warmed up properly and headed out, feeling a bit sluggish but generally OK. My breathing was a bit harder than normal, but I put that down to the awful wind which seemed to constantly be in my face.

I took a new, unknown road just off Kentish Lane at the top of the Elephant climb and went through an area called Woodside that had a longish descent, a quick, steep climb and then another descent that emptied out onto Great North Road. I then made a left and headed back home.

I noticed afterward that my HR was in zone 4.6, 165bpm average! It seemed way too high for the mediocre effort I put into my ride. I might be coming down with something... must watch my foods and get plenty of sleep tonight.

View this ride data at Motionbased

No comments: