Wednesday 7 March 2007

God I'd love to leave the rat race!

...and join the bike race ...OK I know - lame!

Just had a really crappy past 2 days at work - I absolutely hate my job and finding that it is just not worth it anymore... I would love to leave this city life and find an easy, low hour job in the countryside - can't be too difficult to find... probably going to start looking for something along these lines and I have no commitments to tie me down where I am now. Toying with the idea of moving back to South Africa...

Man, if I had of taken up cycling again 5 years ago and trained as hard as I did when I was 17-19, I'd have tried my damndest to become a pro rider and that would be my job now. At 30 yrs of age, though, there's very little chance of that ever happening (unless of course I train hard for the next 5 years to spend 1 or 2 years as a domestique on a pro team...).

I'll keep training as hard as I can (hell, its only been a year since I took up cycling again) - being good at whatever level I am at is accomplishment enough for me. Ideally I'd love to be my own boss - start my own business. For that I need money - something I'm not exactly flush with. Oh the vicious cycle of life!

Can't I just ride my bike all day?

...anyway, thought I'd record here the fact (hehe) that the guy at my LBS offered to sell me the second hand 2005 Campag Record groupset off his bike for the same price as a new 2007 Centaur groupset. I checked it out and looks in good condition. I agreed and he'll fit it to my Look frame at the end of this month. Can't bloody wait - woohoo!

No comments: