Friday 2 March 2007

Quick update

So I came down with a really bad saddle sore yesterday - flared up on my commute home. As a result I've decided to take 2 days off the bike to clear it up, though I have my first reliability ride of the year on Sunday (up in the Chilterns) and don't want to be in pain. They're forecasting heavy rain for Sunday so if I still have the saddle sore that morning, it's likely the ride will be absolute misery...

Anyway, here's hoping everything will turn out OK ;-)

I went on a shopping spree today in anticipation of Sunday's ride:

Pearl Izumi Ultrasensor bib shorts
Speacialized gloves (fingerless)
2 x Cliff bars (choc-chip and carrot cake)
Bonus pack of Go (SIS) energy stuff - gels, bars, drink powder

The bibs are great - and about time I owned a decent pair of bibs/shorts for riding long distances. My current pair were worn badly and the chamois was made of crappy foam stuffing...no wonder I'd been getting bad sores. The gloves are comfy but probably won't be using them until April/May when its a bit warmer. Couldn't resist trying one of the cliff bars before the ride - choc chip was delicious and very filling and was also quite moist, so I imagine will be easily chewed and swallowed while out riding.

I'll have to wait until the end of March before I get the parts for my Look KG451 build - bloody work-bonus was shifted a month, so my new frame gathers a bit more dust...it's OK, my Genesis is a reliable stead and great for training (ie. heavy ;-)).

Checked out the Eurosport site today to check the Paris-Nice shedule - looks like they're doing a bit of live coverage, and for people that work they're showing what looks like highlights in the evenings. Don't have all the times yet as they only go up to 15 March so far. The schedule is as follows:

Sun 11 - 16:00 (60min)
Mon 12 - 22:00 (30min)
Tue 13 - 20:45 (90min)
Wed 14 - 23:15 (45min)
Thu 15 - 23:00 (60min)

Can't wait for it to start! Pity Eurosport isn't covering Het Volk on Sunday - some highlights of it would be nice after my Chiltern ride :(


By the way - I've booked my place for the July 1 Tour de FranceLondon to Canterbury Sportive 120-miles - OH YEAH I'M IN BABY!





No comments: