Sunday 29 April 2007

Training: EF-Broxbourne-Hertford-L.Berk-EF

No one turned up for today's group ride except for one on the slower guys from last week. Was tempted to tell him that it wasn't worth the effort today (then go for a solo ride), but didn't have the heart. Ended up riding with him, just taking it easy as last week. When we finished and split at Potter's Bar I picked up a very fast rider for the last 12km back. Avg speed over the this distance was around 36-40kph - and that was through busy traffic! Despite the slowness of the day, at least I got a nice bit of pain towards the end.

I'm going to stop riding with the Potter's Bar group if this continues. I'm really losing out on proper training and can't afford it with less than 10 weeks before the British Sportive...I think I'll aim to be at Potter's Bar at 10:10am from now on, and if I see the same slow riders there, I'll just keep on riding solo.

Distance: 72.2km / 44.9mi
Time: 2:28:56 (3 minutes subtracted due to traffic)
Speed: 29.1kph / 18.1mph
Calories: 3139
Elevation Gain: 845m
Heart Rate: 127bpm (avg) / 175bpm (max)

View this ride data at Motionbased


No comments: