Thursday 27 December 2007

Training: EF-Bulls Green-Welwyn-Colney Heath-EF

A really tough solo ride today. Decided to put the pressure on hard and ended up overdoing it quite a bit. Strange how a 77km ride can end up feeling like a 120km+ ride - it's all about the intensity...

Found a country lane that descended from Digswell hill on the way back, but wish I hadn't. It was a full on Paris-Roubaix style mud bath with loads of sharp corners and quick, steep hills that ran on for about 4km. By the time I exited this lane I was caked in mud. The last 30km were all into the wind and I suffered big time as I tried to maintain a reasonable pace - my HR shooting up very high.

The rest of the day has been spent in quite a lot of pain with aching muscles and butt!

View this ride data at Motionbased

No comments: