Sunday 27 May 2007

Training: EF-Welwyn-Essendon-EF

Pouring with rain from the start I didn't expect anyone to be waiting at the meeting point for the group ride. Only one other guy pitched up and we agreed that we wouldn't make it a long ride. He took the lead choosing the route and led us though some backroads to Welwyn via Brookman's Park. I punctured my front wheel twice on the road to Welwyn - the other guy sponsoring a tube with my second flat.

I led the ride from Welwyn through Essendon hill and back to Potter's Bar. The rain never let up at all and I was totally drenched by the time I got back home. I would have like to have done a long ride today, but the rain made it very uncomfortable and nerve-wrecking.

View this ride data at Motionbased

Distance: 66.3km / 41.2mi
Time: 2:10:31 (5 min subtracted due to traffic)
Speed: 30.5kph / 18.9mph
Elevation Gain: 624m / 2047ft
Heart Rate: 129bpm (avg) / 175bpm (max)
Calories: 2776

No comments: